Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ellie and her animals

Ellie has this thing for her little animals that my mom got for her when we visited her last year in Guatemala. These little animals are by far her favorite little toys. I had to ask my mom to bring back a couple more packs when she came home in July because these little animals are easily lost and they were getting low in numbers. I will frequently walk in the room Ellie is playing in and all of her animals are all lined up in a row or all laying flat with a blanket ontop of them as she says they are "sleeping" and she requests that I use a quiet voice as not to wake them. This week she lined them in in rows of two. I love the way she paired them... either by size or by type of animal. All she needed at the end of these two rows is a boat and she would have been ready for Noah's Ark!

4 comments:

The Reichmans said...

Deb, that is so cute. I love the little things kids get obsessed with!

Dewi said...

that's so cute. You need to record this for her to see when she's big.

Lindsey said...

I love how she lined them up so nicely, she will be a great organizer when she gets older! How fun you discovered a bouncy place! I took care of my sisters kids last week and introduced them to the "Kangaroo Zoo" bouncy land and they begged to go everyday and it was a great time filler for me because they played for hours! I got tired after 30 minutes of play!

Catherine M. said...

And I thought this sort of order was a boy thing. None of my 3 girls ever did this. She's going to be a scientist.