Monday, October 22, 2007

Traditions....

I love traditions... what they stand for, the great memories that they help recall and continue to create. One of my favorite Clarke family traditions is making pumpkin shaped sugar cookies in October. Since my birthday is in October when the tradition stood that you brought cupcakes to class on your birthday.... we always made my moms amazing melt in your mouth sugar cookies.. and they were always a hit. Now we continue the tradition and make the sugar cookies every October and then again in February as heart shapes for Valentine's day. It is a good thing this tradition is just twice a year... because I have already eatten 8 LARGE pumpkin cookies today so I am glad we don't do this more often.

Our friends Hazel and Dewi came over to help us make our pumpkin cookies which made it a great fall activity. Ellie's favorite part was snitching the candy corns off the cookies!
Hard at work
The fun part!
Resting after a long morning of cooking!





7 comments:

megan said...

So cute and they sound so yummy!!! traditions are so much fun! And it's so fun to start carrying them on your own as a new family! love it! Anyhow, Happy Birthday and enjoy the yummy cookies!

Dewi said...

Thanks for inviting us to make the very yummy cookies and introduce us about your october tradition. We had a great time. Those cookies are too good.

Olivia McCord said...

8 cookies! That's nothing, I could totally eat more:) I'll have to get that recipe from you. Hope Brandon's lovin' Amazon. So good to talk to you this month.

Ang said...

Do you feel like sharing the recipe??? I could really use a good one. I didn't know your b-day was in Oct. Happy Birthday!

Thanks so much for watching my kids last week!!

The Reichmans said...

8 cookies and yet you are still so amazingly skinny! YOu are such a cute mom-someday Ryan will be in control enough to do those kinds of things! Looks like so much fun!

Christie said...

Sister, you could use a cookie or 2 more. By the way, I would definitely not recommend keeping track of how many pumpkin cookies one eats...I'm making mine today, can't wait to start eating! I have to say I worked harder at the gym then usual to in some way justify what I know I will be eating this afternoon.

meagan said...

happy birthday! we did pumpkin sugar cookies for ella's birthday too. Ellie looks so much like you- it is amazing!