Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Terrible Twos? I don't think so.


We are loving this phase of Ellie's childhood. I love the fascination and excitement that she has with each day of life.  I love that she is growing and learning so much each day.  Below are some of my recent favorites.
1.  When I yell "Ouch", as in I just stubbed my toe, Ellie comes running to whichever room I am in while yelling in return... "You ok Mommy?"
2.  She is fascinated with the lights of the season and gets so much excitement and joy as we drive around at night and she sees the Christmas lights on.  She helps to remind me to enjoy the festivities of the season.
3.  The other day I was running on the treadmill in one room and Ellie was off playing in another.. when I finished I went to see where she was and what she was up to.  She was up on a chair at the kitchen sink with a towel getting it wet.. then ran to her little table and started scrubbing vigorously.  As I went to see what had happened... she was scrubbing the ink she had gotten on the table while drawing...  I was pretty impressed that she was cleaning up without being asked!
4.  She LOVES to help me cook. Anytime she hears me working away in the kitchen... she comes a running, drags the chair over from the kitchen table, and starts asking questions as to what we are making (and of course asking to have a taste).  It is so much fun to have a little helper in the kitchen.
5.  When Ellie hears a boom, as in something has just fallen, she comes running.. "I help you Mommy."
6.  The other day I was off cleaning up one of the bedrooms and I heard water from the kitchen sink.. I came to see what was going on... Ellie had the dish scrubber in her hand was scrubbing the dirty dishes in the sink.
7.  Ellie's friend just recently was potted trained and upon learning that her friend was a "big girl" and went on the potty Ellie has been fascinated with the concept.  BUT when she attempts to go on the potty and the attempt fails....she says, "Not working Mommy, it's not working"... which I think is just too cute!

6 comments:

Alan said...

Wow, life with Elle-bell sounds dreamy right now. Not so over here in Will-guy land. We are in the full-on-hellish-toddler phase. Poor me and lucky you, sis. -christie

Catherine M. said...

You're a great Montessori Mommy! You seem to understand the philosophy naturally. Keep it up, your baby is totally darling.
- Katie Benac

The Reichmans said...

I am glad that you got such a great little girl! She sounds like so much fun!

meagan said...

What a great little helper. I love that she cooks and cleans. Girls are so cute!

Courtney ♥ said...

Shes adorable!!! I bet the two of you have a blast together. Some 2 year olds are just fabulous and she sounds like one of the few.

Dewi said...

Ellie is adorable. I'm very touched that she loves Hazel much. Hazel loves her much too. I can't believe that she served Hazel's plate first before her own.