Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yummy Whole Wheat Bread

Some friends were asking me about my wheat bread recipe.  I made it today so I thought I would share it here.

Yummy Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/2 T. yeast
3/8 c. warm water
1 1/2 T. sugar
Combine the above and set aside.

2 c. warm water
1 T. powder milk
3/8 c. sugar or honey
3/8 c. oil
1 T. salt
6-7 c. freshly ground whole wheat flour
1/3 c. wheat gluten

Combine the above including yeast mixture.  Knead for 10 minutes.
Place dough in greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.  Divide into two greased bread pans.  Let rise for 15 more minutes.  Bake at 375 degrees for 28 minutes.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

megan said...

Thank you so much for posting it!! I am super excited to try it!! Do you think it will work okay if I don't have the grinder yet for the wheat? could I still use whole wheat flour- store bought? ANyhow, I am way excited! Thanks for sharing it!

The Reichmans said...

I am so proud of you for posting it so quickly. I am going to have to try it-since the only kind of bread I have ever made is banana and that doesn't really count because you don't add any yeast...

meagan said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will try this... I just need gluten. I wish I were more of a baker.