Monday, August 20, 2007

I Won the Golden Ticket

Brandon discovered, through the recommendation of a coworker, that you can take tours of our local Theo Chocolate factory. He made reservations and we headed with our friends, the Karrens, on a trip to the chocolate factory. Before going on this tour I thought that I knew chocolate pretty welll.. considering the obsession that I have with it.... but I soon discovered that I really knew very little and had very poor taste in the quality of chocolate that I had previously adored.

Theo Chocolates, which has only been around for a couple of years, just recently won the top prize at the Fancy Food Awards in Manhattan. They say this award is like "the oscars of the the food world." But talk is cheap... I have tasted it and I am now totally a brand loyal costumer of Theo Chocolates.
I have never tried so many different types of chocolate.... especially so much DIVINE chocolate in one hour of my entire life. It was truly unbelievable. I am hooked. They make their chocolate bars with cocoa beans strictly from specific regions.... for example they have the Ghana bar, the Madagascar bar, the Venezualan bar. Did I mention that they are the first chocolate factory to only use fair trade cocoa beans. I was truly impressed. And I am now addicted to not only chocolate but more specifically Theo chocolate.

Ellie and Jack anticipating all the chocolate they would recieve along the tour. They were not disappointed. I know Ellie has never had so much chocolate in her little life. There were approximately 20 people on the tour. As Nicole, our tour guide, stopped to teach us things along the way... Ellie would see the bowls of samples that Nicole had on the table behind her. She would louder proclaim... ooooooo bite! Which is her waying of asking for a bite of that yummy chocolate.
This is the nib. We learned all about how they make chocolate from the cocoa beans. The nib is the final raw form of the inner core of the bean before they begin the process of turning it into the good stuff.
Ellie enjoying her treats along the way.

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Good times. We obviously didn't think Jack had enough chocolate as we stopped at Dicks on the way home and got him a chocolate shake!! Hope you had a hot date night!

Dewi said...

that's a fun tour to the choc place. We might have to check it out in person :)