Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Day of Preschool!


Today Ellie had her first day of preschool! She loved every minute of it! She is going to a little a preschool at a church in the eastgate area... since she isn't three yet the program is set up so that all the parents stay but alternate everyother week. One week you help in the classroom and the next week you get to listen to a lecture on some aspect of raising a two year old... I am SO excited because I need to learn everything I possibly can!
Ellie had such a great time. There were so many choices as to which station to play at... she took her time at each....until something else caught her eye. She played with the rice station, the indoor slide and climbing station, next was the play dough station and then on to painting. Next she decided to give the baby dolls a bath and then spend some time in the little loft castle with some of her new found friends. When later asked by Brandon what she did at preschool she simply said, "Friends." So evidently her favorite part was making some new little friends which is no surprise to us as Ellie is definetly a social butterfly. There are so many other toys and activities she did at preschool.. I am so glad we decided to do it. We were actually really lucky to get in! I didn't find out about this program until August and upon looking into it in greater detail learned that you were supposed to sign up in March and even then it was a lottery as to who was to get it. When I sent in the application and a letter hoping to be put on a wait list or something... and heard from them in September that we had been accepted.. yeah! We are looking forward to this year of preschool!

4 comments:

Ang said...

I'm so glad she loved it! And that you did too. What a fun year it's going to be!

Olivia McCord said...

Where can I get a pair of pink cowboy boots like that? As I am writing this, Marcus is at a blissful 3 hrs. of preschool, the best invention ever.

megan said...

Ok- so ditto on those cowboy boots- I love them! How fun that she got into preschool! I am counting down until Abby goes! Ellie is so cute!

Kacey said...

Hooray for Preschool!! I can't wait until crazy boy is potty trained so he can go too!