Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Her Shadow......

So Ellie discovered her shadow this past summer while we were at Cannon Beach. It is a pretty funny story..... too long of a story to write about. But it continues to be a bit of a problem for our family. The problem is... she doesn't like her shadow. She gets pretty upset when she sees it. She starts yelling at it and saying, "No Ellie." This means she doesn't want to see the shadow (which she calls Ellie) and doesn't want the shadow following her.

Fortunately, we live in Seattle. It isn't sunny all that often which means we don't see an overwhelming number of our own shadows... but when it is a sunny day... as it was today at the zoo... we have a bit of a problem. Today Ellie decided to sit down on the path at the zoo and have a bit of a fit at her own shadow. It is a bit of comedy for me and the rest of us... but Ellie has such a problem with it. Poor thing.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so CUTE! How funny!

meagan said...

Cute. I love how kids discover things and it is like you get to rediscover it all over too. Mostly I love that Ellie always has cute bows in her hair.

The Reichmans said...

Deb-I was laughing out loud when I read that story-I think that is so cute!

Ang said...

Oh, that is too funny. Kind of sad for Ellie though.

Kacey said...

Too funny! Ellie is too cute. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunny weather!

megan said...

That is honestly hilarious! I love her "duking" out her shadow! She is so cute with such a fun personality!