Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wicked

When my parents come home for conference they have started a tradition visiting one of the kids on their way to Salt Lake and spending the weekend with that family before heading to Utah for conference. Last weekend it was my brother Todd's turn in California. My mom and I were having a conversation about what they could do while they were visiting him and I suggested they go and see Wicked which is playing Los Angeles. So my mom asked if I could help her find out if there were tickets available. In the meantime I headed to Phoenix to hang out with my sister. Well.... since we were so close to California as I was helping my parents get the tickets... my sister and I sort of invited ourselves to tag along. We headed to California for a quick 24 hour trip (without the kids- thanks to the hero of the year Uncle Alan!)

Wicked was AMAZING! I have been listening to the soundtrack for months with absolutely no idea when I was going to be able to actually see the play. It was everything I had hoped it would be! I was blown away by the talented voices of the lead singers. We enjoyed a great evening reuniting with my parents, hanging out with my brother and a fun road trip with my sister (we listened to the Wicked sountrack NONSTOP for the entire drive so my sister could learn the music before the play. It was a blast!)

Thanks Mom, Dad & Alan!

7 comments:

Ang said...

So glad you got to go!!! What a fun trip.

Dewi said...

How fun! It's priceless to spend time with family & drive with your sister.

Lindsey said...

How fun, that play is so addicting, I loved the soundtrack so much more after the play! its the best! Fun you got that spontaneous getaway!

meagan said...

You are my "get up and go" hero... off to visit the sister, off to CA... very cool. Not to mention Ellie is so cute petting the bunnies:) Glad you got to see your parents too.

The Arbuckle's said...

I love Wicked. I am so glad you were able to go.

I bet you enjoy living close to family.

The Reichmans said...

It was SO fun to see you the other day-even if it was for just a minute. I hope you had a great stay and I am so jealous you got to see Wicked-it is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I've seen wicked twice, now and loved it just as much the second time. What a fun roadtrip with your sister!