Monday, November 10, 2008

It is 2:30 AM.. do you know what your child is doing?

I woke up to an abrupt cry... not one the one from a child scared but from one that was hurt. I thought to myself, did she fall out of bed? No, upon entering her room I realized that was very far from the truth.

We had cleaned up her entire room before bed. Not a single toy on the floor... but when I entered her room at this very early hour of the morning the lights were on.. and there wasn't an inch of carpet to be seen. The toys covered the floor. My daughter was dressed from head to toe in princess attire (not exactly the pajamas I had put her to bed in earlier that evening). The only reason I had been awaken by this little escapade was because there were SO many toys on the floor she had tripped while wearing her princess shoes, fallen and hurt herself. That's what the crying was about.

6 comments:

Dewi said...

oh my, Ellie. I bet she's going to have a good nap today. Hope you will too Deb!

Alan said...

Miss Elle-belle, you were busted! Bummer for you. Doesn't it make you wonder if she has done this before without you knowing? Why didn't you take a picture?? -christie

Olivia McCord said...

That is seriously hilarious. What a little personality Ellie has already! We miss you guys.

kj said...

That is so so crazy! Her play schedule is far too full to be sleeping at 2:30am. Funny girl!

Janelle said...

Ha! This post made my day. That is hi-larious.

Courtney ♥ said...

That is a priceless story-now the funny thing is how many nights has she being doing this without your knowledge. The things are kids do.