Friday, April 13, 2007

Trip to Utah March 23- April 3

We took a trip to Utah this month. My parents were able to come back to the United States for conference week.... so of course the family congregated to Utah to be with them! We had a great time being with the family. Upon our arrival we headed straight up to Twin Falls, Idaho to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday! It was fun to be with her and spend a little time on the farm.

Ellie and Carla on the Farm!
The famous and relaxing green swing. There are so many memories from the stories told by Grandmother and Grandpa Jackson on this swing.
After the trip to Twin Falls we drove back down to Utah and spent the remainder of the trip at my parents house in Park City. My mom had planned out a complete itinerary of all of the activities for the week. We definetly were not bored!
Monday we went to the Dinasour Museum at Thanksgiving Point.

Ellie had a great time playing in the sand with her cousins Rocky, Jackson and Alex.
On Wednesday Christie and I went down to Provo to catch up with some of our friends. I had breakfast with my good friends Courtney Belcher and and Anne Reichman. And we definetly enjoyed the breakfast location... Magelby's Fresh! Later on I met up with my friend Olivia Love McCord and Ellie just loved playing with her little guy Marcus.

Brandon flew in late on Wednesday... just in time for the ski day on Thursday! We were anxious when we first arrived in PC and there was almost NO SNOW on the mountain... but the night before our big ski day we got about 8 inches of snow. We were so excited on Thursday morning to see the fresh powder!

Over the weekend we enjoyed a couple of sessions of conference and a girls night out with all of my sisters and my mom in Salt Lake City...(NO KIDS ALLOWED!) It was a great time.

On Monday, the day before our departure, we went the Children's Museum at Gateway.

Ellie with her cowboy cousin Denton sharing some time on the horse at the Museum.

Ellie and Alexis learning to fly!


The Rowley Family

Brandon was scheduled to fly out on Monday afternoon while Ellie and I weren't leaving until Tuesday morning. Monday morning Brandon offered to take Ellie back with him so that I didn't have to do yet another flight by myself with Ellie. I readily took him up on the offer. After the whole experience Brandon has much more empathy when it comes to Ellie and I traveling on an airplane alone.

No comments: