Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Ellie!

We had a great time celebrating Ellie's second birthday with Brandon's family on Saturday. Ellie loved all the attention that having a birthday entails! We had a bbq and Ellie actually ate more than she ever has. She was sitting on Aunt Rachelle's lap and wanted to eat everything that she was eating. Ellie has never been a picky eater but at the same time I have never seen her eat so much. I was happy to know that she enjoyed her birthday dinner.

Of course she enjoyed the cake the most. You can see that from the pictures. She loved blowing the candles out and actually had the opportunity to do it more than once. I saw the cute sparkler candles at Party City and decided to use them for Ellie's cake.... little did I know that they were trick candles! I don't think Ellie minded but she was rather confused as to why the candles kept on relighting. We all had a great laugh and got some great pictures.

Happy birthday Ellie!

5 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! Looks like she had a great birthday with lots of chocolate, what every girl dreams of.

Dewi said...

Looks like Ellie had a fun birthday celebration. It's nice to have families to share it with. The pictures of Ellie lounging on the beach chair and chomping on her cake are my favorite.

megan said...

Happy Birthday! It sounded like a great time! She is so adorable! Good luck on your Mud Run and I'll look forward to seeing pictures!

meagan said...

I love Ellie's hair~ I think pigtails are fantastic! I cannot believe she is already 2. Nice use of 'slide' too, I might add:) Good luck with the Mud Run. Cheers!

Josh said...

Debbie,

I'm know I'm a little slow with my response, ... I haven't been on the computer much lately but I had to tell you how completely adorable these pictures are!! What a fun birthday! Isn't it getting scary how fast time flies!!!!??