Saturday, June 23, 2007

Grandmother Jackson


My Grandmother passed away last Saturday, June 16th. We heard the news while we were in California with my brother and sisters. My mom was able to come home (Twin Falls, Idaho) from Guatemala to see my grandmother before she passed away. My mom had been there less than 24 hours before she was gone. But at least she was able to say good-bye. We came home from California and I left within a day to fly to Idaho to be there for the funeral service which was on Wednesday. My Grandmother was a beautiful lady. She was down to earth, outgoing, accepting and genuine. We will always remember her quick wit, optimistic attitude and many acts of kindness.


While we were in Idaho we enjoyed time with family and reminiscing. We have so many great memories on summer days on my grandparents farm in Idaho.


My Mom and I enjoying some relaxing time on the swing.
We used to sit out there for ours with my grandparents while they would tell us stories.




Nate and Todd putting pennies on the tracks.
About one half a mile from my grandparents farm there are some freight train tracks. We used to walk out there and put pennies on the tracks and go back the next day to collect the flattened pennies. We decided to keep the tradition and went out late one night to put pennies on the tracks.

Picking up maple bars and apple fritters from Swen Mart.

My grandpa always woke up when the sun came up. He would go down to the local Swen Mart and pick up maple bars and apple fritters every morning. By the time we woke up he would have made a HUGE breakfast of the best scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and of course warmed up maple bars!

Feeding the cows!

We always enjoyed going out to the pasture and teasing the cows. My grandpa built tree houses out there and we would have a great time running through pastures to get to them.

3 comments:

megan said...

Deb,
My condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear that your grandma passed away. It's hard I think to say good-bye, even when we know that we will see them again. At the same time, it is so comforting to know that they are healthy, happy and reunited with the ones who went before them and then that one day we'll be able to hug them again! I am glad that you were able to be together with your family. I hope that you are doing well and that your mom is doing okay too. We'll be thinking of you!

Olivia McCord said...

What a wonderful heritage you have Debbie! So sorry about losing your grandmother. It sounds like she lived a rich and rewarding life.

meagan said...

You have a great family Deb, and it looks like you have a lot of great memories from your grandparents in Idaho. Sorry to hear about your grandma passing. She sounds like a really neat lady. You are in our thoughts.