Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Dilemma

So I have this dilemma. It is something I battle internally every day. Ellie has never had a haircut. She is coming up on three years in just one and a half months. But her hair is just too pretty to cut. Up until now there really hasn't been a need to cut it. She'll let me put pretty bows in it...but now they don't stay in all day long. She'll pull out her bows mid day and then her long beautiful hair covers up those gorgeous eyes and it drives me crazy! She is always smoothing her hair back behind her ears and I feel so badly that she even has to worry about it! So here it comes... I want to have her hair chopped.... like to her chin... a cute little bob. It would be so much easier to take care of! And I think it would be so cute. I was thinking maybe on her third birthday we would have it done. But then on a day like today, when I take the time to curl her hair, the thought of it all being chopped puts a pit at the bottom of my stomach! Oh the dilemma!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Debbie,
As your personal professional I am going to break down the pros and cons of cutting her hair. Here is the deal, it grows back, so no matter what, this isn't forever, right? If you keep it long, it's great because you can easily put it in a pony for the summer, however you have to worry about tangles and all of those kinds or problems associated with long hair. If you cut it, it would be VERY cute on her and it would grow back if you decided you hated it. But on the other hand--ponytails are gone and you also have to spend a little more time sytling it so she doesn't look like a rag-a-muffin. From what I can tell you don't mind styling it and so that shouldn't be a problem. If it is short you can still curl it, it just won't be long curls.

Be prepared that if you cut it, she will look older and you will have to be ready for that. But there is nothing cuter than a bob on a little girl, especially an A0lined bob.

I say do it (I actually think you should come out here and let me do it). It would be a fun, cute change and you can always grow it back. Since she has never had a haircut you need to get all that fine texutred baby hair off and out of the way anyway.

Let me know what you decided and post pics!

Love ya,
Laura

Dewi said...

Either way I think you will need a little work. But she will still be cute. :)

megan said...

It's so hard to say goodbye to long hair!! I think either way she would look adorable...either way, just take her to get it cut just because it would be a fun girlie thing to do!!